Having resigned from my office job has its perks and downfalls. The major disadvantage of not having a job is the boredom. As I have been working for almost three years straight, I have gotten used to being with people five days a week, which is the exact opposite when you’re at home, staring at the four walls of your room when your kids go off to school or to play with their friends.
However, this gets outweighed by being able to spend more time with the same kids, by being able to play with them when they’re around, by seeing them when you wake up and when you go to sleep at night and just being able to be home when there are no work-related pressure or managers you don’t see eye to eye with.
Yes, I may have my down days at home when I get depressed about not having a job, but I also have my really good days, like when I see my kids’ happy faces while eating the food I cooked for them or while devouring an entire loaf of bread fresh from the bakery oven smeared with dollops of peanut butter and then licking off their fingers clean afterwards. You can just imagine the idyllic days I have been having lately.
And, I happened to come upon another thing that made me smile today. Meg of missourigirl14.wordpress.com nominated me for the “Siblinghood of the World Award” last November 7. She informed me about it on her comment to my previous blog post and it really warmed my heart. Meg, you can’t believe how much you’ve made me happy today. Thank you so much.
Here are the rules for the “Siblinghood of the World Award” nomination:
“Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
Display the award on your blog.
Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
Nominate ten other bloggers.
Create ten questions for your nominees, and notify them of their nominations.”
These are the ten questions Meg had for me with my answers to them:
- Why did you start a blog? I started a blog because I love to write and wanted to have an avenue where I can share my posts.
- What is your idea of a perfect way to end a great day? Curling up in bed with a good book and a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
- If you could work anywhere, where would it be and what would you be doing? By the beach, writing a novel.
- You have two tickets to anywhere, where would you go, who would you bring, and why? I’d go to Paris with my daughter Phoebe because I would like to show her how special she is to me for being the first angel to come into my life.
- Who is your celebrity crush? I love Matt Bomer, Jason Statham, Richard Gere and Hugh Jackman.
- Why do you choose to share your writing in a blog, rather than keeping a journal for yourself? I really have no idea. It may be because I want to share my passion with an audience.
- What is your biggest regret? or What is your biggest fear? I am deathly afraid of worms and I regret not being tall…not that I could help being short.
- When you feel happiest you tend to…? Slim down and smile a lot!
- What is you favorite musical instrument? I don’t play a musical instrument, but I love to hear songs played on a harp.
- How many different countries have you been to? None.
My 10 Nominees:
Here are my questions for all my nominees:
- What is your passion?
- Vanilla or rocky road and why?
- What is your favorite past time?
- What kind of street food you will never eat?
- If you were to choose being blind or being deaf, which would you be and why?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- What kind of charity would you be most willing to give your entire life’s savings to?
- Do you believe in miracles? If yes, why? If no, why not?
- Will you be willing to give up your life for someone? If yes, then who and why?
- If you were to die tomorrow, what will you do today?
There you have my questions. Now, it’s my nominees’ turn to answer them, while I call on my kids and ask them to gather around me, so we can make our wishlist on what to get the entire brood this Christmas. I think I already have an idea what we’ll be putting on the list. I know baking equipment will be in the top 5 because they have been clamoring for me to bake them chocolate cake and make them some lasagna.
Hmm…I can just imagine them inhaling all those treats. Now, where are those kiddos? 😀